What I Desire in Life...

    My life certainly seems like a mystery to me. I don't believe I ever knew what I wanted to do in terms of a career. The paths I took so far are areas that interest me, so I've been trying to find somewhere to stay. It has taken me a while, probably more so than others, and I have felt pretty hopeless at times. I even wished to be dead because I couldn't see what my purpose is in life. But there is one thing that I desire most, and that's to enjoy life and to help others however I can.

    I'm sure many of you have heard of this, society tells kids, "stay in school, get good grades, go to college, and get a job". I mentioned this in my last blog and I want to bring it up again because, frankly, I don't give a care in the world anymore about what people tell kids. It may be how society wants things to work, but for those of us that are not able to do what society says, it's discouraging. I've spent a great deal of time this past decade wondering where I'll end up because I haven't been able to live up to what society has told me. This has been why I felt like a failure and wanted to be dead, because I missed a step in society's "To-Do" list for me. Well, technically, college didn't work out for me, so I didn't miss it, I just wasn't able to do that step. College isn't for everyone, and I'm really glad now that no one forces you to do this step. So, what I have been focusing on now is doing what I can to live a happy and successful life by figuring out ways to help others.

   Don't get me wrong, I do want to earn money to support myself, like I mentioned in a previous blog, but I want to get to a point in my life where I'll be able to enjoy what life has to offer and know that I'll be able to support myself by helping others. I have a passion for helping others, so if I can find a career helping others while being able to make "end's meet", that would be great. I realize that God has been guiding me along this journey, and I want to see where He will take me. I have an idea on where I will end up someday.

    Since I started blogging in November of last year, it took me some time, but I have really enjoyed writing and sharing my thoughts on things. You may know already, but it's a challenge for me to express my thoughts out loud, i.e. talking. So I find writing my thoughts on paper and sharing it to be very spectacular. I would love to keep doing this and practice until I'm able to maybe write a book. I have been told, especially by my mom, that I am a great writer and that I express my thoughts and feelings very well through writing. So, we'll see where I'll end up. Like I mentioned in my blog about my new year's resolutions, I'm looking forward to see where this year will take me.

    -By Andrew Boughner

Comments

  1. Andrew, your mom is right -- you are a very good writer. Life doesn't always go in a straight line like people might suggest it should -- there are curves and dips and backwards and jumps! Trust me, I know :)

    I find that writing is very healing. In fact, I heard in a podcast yesterday that writing about your feelings has been proven to reduce anxiety. So just think of your blog as a therapy session -- it works and it's cheap! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amdrew, You are more than a good writer! You are an amazing writer; and, ai love that you have found your voice and a brilliant opportunity to articulate your thoughts and feelings on life, wherever its path may eventually lead you. Keep up the great work. You are terrific. I have known you your entire life as I have been friends with your parents for 30+ years. God Bless you and always remember your words are powerful and bring great meaning and hope to others who find it difficult to Express themselves! I look forward to future musings and thoughts from Andrew Michael Boughner. Best Regards!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Letter to My Younger Self...

My Story...