A Letter to My Younger Self...

 Dear 13-year old Andrew from October 5th, 2006,

    How's life going back when? Are you feeling settled moving back to Carmel, Indiana? I received your message from "thelakehouse.com" in 2016 about you suggesting that I should enjoy every day of my life as best I can. To be honest, I was hoping for more about what you're up to in 2006, even though I already know more or less. It's pretty amazing that idea someone had about preserving a message for however long and then it being sent on the day you choose. That service is still around on "futureme.org" and I sent my future self another message in 2015 to be preserved until 2025. But anyway, this isn't the main reason I wanted to write to you.

    I wanted to let you know that, besides enjoying every day moving forward, God will always be with you. He's with you always and He wants to spend time with you if you want, but will never force you to. You'll face trials ahead that will even have you wish you would die, but you'll get through it with God's help and presence. Do you remember when Jesus Christ was sleeping in a boat with his disciples during a storm? Bad things will happen in life even when He is with you. God doesn't promise days without trials, but promises that He will go with you through them. Our sister, Brooke, even told us once that you'll have to put up with the storm to see the rainbow.

    So, I hope this letter helps you to know that everything is going to be alright. God has and will always have your back. You have nothing to fear or worry about, I promise. Take care and keep enjoying your life while it's there!

I love you,

Your 27-year old self from October 5th, 2020

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I Desire in Life...

My Story...