My New Year's Resolutions for 2019...

    Well, first off, happy new year 2019!! I learned a lot about myself and how to handle difficult moments last year. To sum up 2018, I started drinking coffee in the mornings, completed an internship at Eleven Fifty Academy in April, enrolled as a trainee of LEND at the end of the summer, got a job at the startup bakery, "No Label at the Table", and started blogging. I also became interested in baking from watching "Nailed It!", "Sugar Rush", and "Zumbo's Just Desserts" on Netflix. It was a great year for me to try new things and to grow as a person. So, as it's the start of 2019, I have a few resolutions that I hope I can pull off to further learn new things and continue my growth as a human.

    First off, I would love to start reading more books this year. I believe spending more of my time reading and less of my time on electronic devices will make me feel less depressed and worried about the future. There's a quote I recently came across that says around the lines of "there is no friend more loyal than a book", and I forget who said it, but I whole heartily agree, because you are able to read books at your own pace. Books may waste paper, but, in my opinion, reading a paper book is way better than reading electronic ones because they are a lot easier on your eyes no matter how you adjust the screen on an electronic book. Anyway, I hope to read books that inspire me and give me reasons to be happy no matter what goes down in my life.

    My next new year's resolution for 2019 is to become more involved in social activities. It's been awhile since I have been part of a group of people who want to hang out and learn with me, and I'm beginning to miss that experience. Like I mentioned in my last blog, I have trouble socializing with others and I still fear a little bit of people judging me. So I hope with new social experiences this year, that I'll be able to overcome my fear of people judging me. I will say though that I have signed up for a group at my church and I'm excited to hang out and learn more about my beliefs in God with others.

    My last new year resolution of 2019 is to be more open to try new things. There's a lot out there that I can still learn and I don't want to be afraid anymore to experience what's new for me. I've heard Jim Carrey say around the lines of "the choices we make are based on two factors, fear or love", and I would like to spend my time this year having my choices be based more on love, rather than fear. So I'm excited for whatever new things come my way this year.

    So there are my new year's resolutions of 2019. I'm really looking forward to what this year will bring and what I will get out of blogging my experiences. Maybe I'll take blogging further and write a book, who knows?

-By Andrew Boughner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I Desire in Life...

A Letter to My Younger Self...

My Story...