My Wandering Mind...

    This post will be a bit different. I don't have a story to share right now, but I'm going to let my mind wander and see what I end up writing. So enjoy!

Wander #1:
    I had a thought the other day when I walked Ollie. He's my family's dog and lives with my mom and stepdad. Anyway, when I looked around at the trees in the neighborhood and the grass on the ground, the thought that came to my mind was God's creation. Once you start being mindful, like I was during the walk, and examining nature, you can really start to see the beauty and life cycle of living organisms. In a way, they're all alike. They have ways of dealing with good and bad experiences and conditions based on how they are. There seems to be a mystery on how these organisms came to be if you leave God out. But even if you do consider God's creation, you can't help but wonder how He did it. Anyone would have to believe that there's some sort of being in existence that's above and beyond our universe. It's silly to me that some people still believe that everything in existence came from nothing and has been randomly placed here and there for us to be here today. I don't mean to offend anyone, but it's my thoughts on the topic.

Wander #2:
    Do other beings exist out there besides our planet? All of us have asked this question and pondered upon it. Given that our studies show that the universe may be bigger than the amount we could ever observe, anyone would conclude that there has to be living beings on other planets. I don't think we will ever come across any other intelligent beings outside of Earth. Nothing is mentioned in the Bible about other planets besides Earth, and I think the reason why is because God knows we will never come across any other living species besides those on Earth, even if there are any. Think of how computers work. A computer alone can't access information to and from another one unless an outside being, us, commands it to do so. Now I'm not saying our planet is digitized by a being higher than our physical reality, as in we aren't made of 1s and 0s. I'm just saying our planet is like a computer, and other planets are like other computers. Anyway, it's an interesting topic to ponder.

Wander #3:
    If our species will one day make time travel possible, how would it affect our physical reality? There are many theories on how time travel could work and the consequences of traversing time, and as you probably know, it's shown in fiction books and sci-fi movies. But since I believe in a being that is all-powerful, all-knowing, and ever-present, the topic of time travel to this being is just scratching its surface. If, of course, there is a being that is all-powerful, all-knowing, and ever-present, then why not conclude that there is? What is our physical reality without God? I don't think it makes sense to assume that there's no being with total power, knowledge, and ever-presentness when you think about the things in existence and who's familiar with it all. It's not our job to know all the answers on our own. Anyway, back to time travel. I believe God has been time traveling all the time (no pun intended), but not in the sense that we know since He's ever-present. It's confusing, I know, but when I prayed to Him yesterday on my way to work and asked for a good shift and that my co-workers and I will get things done, it seemed like He was already working on it because my shift that day was exactly what I asked for. The Bible even mentions that God knows you and your days well before you are born. But don't get it wrong, free will does exist. I believe free will exists on a small scale. No matter what you do on a given day, the events that happen in your life were, are, and will be determined already since I believe there's probably an infinite amount of ways to get to an event that's predetermined by God. Again, these are just my thoughts.

    So, yeah, that last one felt like I went all over the place, but three "wanders", a charm, like the saying goes. I hope you enjoyed reading what I ended up thinking about. I'm thinking that I'll write some make-believe short stories soon and have them be in a different blog titled "Short Stories by Andrew Boughner". What do you guys think? Thanks!

-By Andrew Boughner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I Desire in Life...

A Letter to My Younger Self...

Interesting Times...